LWV North & Central San Mateo County will need many volunteers on Saturday, October 5, 2019 for our first Voter Girl event at Notre Dame High School, Belmont – would you like to help? This is a one-day event where League members will lead classroom activities for 200 Girl Scouts to earn their Civic Engagement badges.
We will hold classroom training sessions to review the curriculum and plan out the activities in each class. The Voter Girl team meets regularly with Girl Scout leaders to plan this event.
The next Voter Girl meeting dates are:
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 9:30am - League Office – 444 Peninsula Ave, Suite 1, San Mateo
We are looking for volunteers to be:
Classroom Leaders and Assistants –
- Daisies: Grades K- 1 - 1 class (morning) – Assistants needed
- Brownies: Grades 2-3 - 2 classes (1 morning, 1 afternoon) – Leaders and - Assistants needed (AM & PM)
- Juniors: Grades 4-5 - 4 classes (2 morning, 2 afternoon) - Assistants needed (AM & PM)
We have Leaders and assistants signed up to staff the Cadet, Seniors, and Ambassador classes.
In addition, we are looking for volunteers to staff:
- Welcome Area: registration, information, first-aid helpers
- Election helpers
- Parent Lounge helpers
- Setup and cleanup
This is a great opportunity for the League to get to know students and their parents – and for them to get to know us! The excitement is growing, this is going to be a great event, hope you will join in the fun!
Please contact Susie Raye for more information or to sign up to help: sraye94402 [at] yahoo.com.